Product Feature: Lemon Essential Oil
Between its ability to lift moods and replace many synthetic cleaning products, Lemon essential oil is another favorite go-to bottle.*
Research on Lemon essential oil has found it:
- Has antiseptic, antifungal, and disinfectant properties
- Reduces stress
- Increases alertness
- Induces sleep
- Helps decrease gas, bloating, and indigestion
- Stimulates white blood cells, supporting immune function
Here are many ways to incorporate this essential oil into your life:
- Diffuse to improve your mood and neutralize undesirable odors (add Peppermint if you have it for even more of a boost!)
- Apply a drop onto your palm, rub hands together, and breathe in for a pick-me-up.
(Always test for skin sensitivity before applying oils, and best practice is to combine essential oils with a carrier oil, such as fractionated coconut, jojoba, sweet almond, or grapeseed, to prevent irritation. For adults, typical dilution is 1 drop of Lemon essential oil to at least 1 drop carrier oil.)
- Add a drop between hands to disinfect after pushing a grocery cart or going into a public bathroom
- Massage a few drops with a carrier oil onto skin to brighten and improve circulation.
- Add a drop of Lemon oil to hot water or tea with honey.
- Add a drop of Lemon oil to any recipe calling for lemon juice to enhance the lemon flavor.
- For a healthy and happy digestive system, add one drop lemon oil to 4 fluid ounces of water!
– Remove gum from hair, or sticker residue, tree sap, and even permanent marker from surfaces with Lemon oil!
– Add a few drops of Lemon to a wet cloth to preserve leather, or make a DIY furniture polish with lemon and olive oil.
*The indicated uses I’m giving here pertains to doTERRA oils only, as many oils on the market are not well regulated by the FDA, and can claim “100% pure” contain fillers and additives which are not advertised and therefore can be dangerous to apply topically, much more so internally. Please do your homework on any essential oil brand, and if you are interested in doTERRA’s commitment to Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils, please visit https://doterra.com/US/en/cptg-testing-process or come to one of our essential oil classes to learn more!
Haley Sullivan, NCLMT #12309